Further Leave to Remain

A further leave to remain application is made in order to extend a period of leave in the UK. If you currently have limited leave in the UK (i.e. leave that expires at a specified date), it is essential that you apply to extend your leave before your leave expires.

The rule or policy that you can apply under for further leave to remain will depend on your original application and the status you currently have.The Immigration Rules and the policies concerning further leave to remain are complicated. It is very important that you apply under the correct rule using the correct form and with the correct fee.

How do I apply?

You will need to complete a detailed application form, which can be found on the Home Office website at https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/uk-visa-forms. This application will usually need to be accompanied with a fee. We also recommend that you send evidence to support your case.

What evidence should I include with the application form?

Some evidence will be essential. For example, if you are making an application as the parent of a British child, you will need to include your child’s birth certificate. You must check the rules, form and guidance to work out what you need to send.

Applications for further leave to remain for children, young people and families will involve rights under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

It is important to know that the Home Office is under a duty to carry out its functions in a way that takes into account the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. The first thing that should be looked at when deciding a case is what is in the best interests of the child concerned. It is important to remind the Home Office of this whenever you are making an application which concerns a child.

The type of evidence you will need to include will depend very much on you/your family’s circumstances.

What will happen if my application is refused?

If you had valid leave (a visa) when you made your application and the application is then refused, you should have a right of appeal in the UK at the First Tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber). If you have a right of appeal you will receive a piece of paper telling you this when you receive the refusal letter from the Home Office.

When you are preparing for an appeal at the Tribunal, we would always recommend that you are represented by a lawyer.

If my application is successful, what kind of visa will I be granted?

The length of leave to remain you will be granted will depend on the background of your case and the type of application you made.

Forms for application to extend stay

For further information, please contact our Immigration Advisor.

contact Us

Address :
Southside Business Centre, Office No. 44
249 Ladypool Road, Birmingham B12 8LF
Email: immigrations@ausuk.co.uk
Follow on Skype: aus_uk

Phone: +44 (0) 121 440 7233 Mobile: +44 (0) 741 171 6158 Fax: +44 (0) 121 440 7233

Folow us: